SPECIAL EDUCATION / INCLUSIVE EDUCATION PROGRAMMES
The component offers the following programmes in addressing barriers to learning and development:
- Establishment and functionality of the School Based Support Team spearheaded by School Management Team in all schools.
- Implementation of the Policy on Screening, Identification, Assessment and Support (SIAS) as the departmental standardised processing tool to all the schools.
- Implementation of Curriculum differentiation through policy of Guidelines for responding to learner diversity in the classroom for Grade R to 9.
- Implementation of the policy of Accommodation and concessions in special schools.
- Identification and support strategies for all disabilities that learners may be experiencing.
- Implementation of the Diversified curriculum through the Technical occupational learning programme in special schools
- Supporting learners with learning difficulties through the 5 days training on skills development.